C a k e S m a s h
Cake Smash sessions are the perfect way to celebrate that 1st birthday in true style. I know it looks a little messy but it’s so much fun not just for your little one but you’ll also have a great time. It’s also a fantastic way to introduce new textures and food to your little one. We can also involve siblings if you wish.
Our cake smash session last between 1-2 hours shooting time, during this time we will take some beautiful portraits of your baby before diving into the cake, after they have finished with the cake. We supply a small bath where they can clean up and enjoy some more photos. I allow time to settle your little one if they are a little unsure and we will take as much time as needed your session will not be rush. The cost also covers the cake and balloons. . I allow my clients to suggest colour schemes or themes for their session to make it more personalise to your child.
- 10 digital files of your choice
- 5 digital files of your choice
- 20×16 Collage Framed
- Digital download of all images
- 20×24 Collage Framed
What is a Cake Smash Session?
The cake smash idea came over from the U.S. Parents would have the session around a month before their childs birthday to use for birthday invites, but I find most parents like to have the sessions on or around there childs birthday.
On the day of the session I will only ever book one session in so we can work around your childs routine, giving us plently of time if needed if your child is a little unsure about the experience, whether this mean we play for a little while to get them used to the studio surroundings or sit with a cup of tea and have a chat.
The session is all about fun, but some people can be put off by the idea we’re letting their child dive into a cake, don’t think about it as making a messy but more as fun play, which is something most children go on to do at pre school whether they get to know there sense’s and this is a great experience to do this will.
There are a few steps to the session and it isn’t all about diving head first into the cake.
- When you arrive to the studio we will start will some simple portraits, please bring an outfit for this if you wish a few birthday snaps to start your session.
- We will then bring the cake into the session and watch your little one either dive straight in to the yummy goodness or wait to see if they are allowed.
- After cake time we will have a bath to help clean your little one up this makes for great photos.
- Home time, with a happy and clean little one.